Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Dream Interpretation of Repressed Desires and Emotions

 
 
My bessy Hanz and I woke up at around 7AM. He's in Cebu City buying stuff for his hotel biz (http://oslobnewvillage.com/) while I'm here at home in Alabang living my life. Anyway, it's been four days now since we started doing our morning and evening prayer sessions over Skype or Hangout or over the phone to help us both go through the difficulties we're going through in our respective personal lives. As he was preparing for his day, I was in the kitchen making myself some pasta. I'm declaring myself as the queen of leftover food because I cook so much for the day that my fridge tends to get filled with various leftover dishes. The pasta I used this morning was actually from the meat sauce pasta dish I made last week. So all it needed then was a new sauce and did I make a new one! In fact, here's what I posted on my Facebook this morning:
 
OMG! This is the first time I attempted to make creamy tuna pasta with cheese and mushrooms (t'was my x's specialty) and mine tastes good! I added tumeric ginger plus carrots and didn't include bellpeppers to get that unique Jen taste. Hehehe. Ang saraaap!!! Then there's my pressed coffee (no sugar) to wake me up. Bon appetit! (^_^)"


So yeah, my dish was surprisingly tasty! I never attempted this before because my x's version of it was the best I ever tasted. I just changed it up a bit because you know, I'm getting on with my life and moving on here... it's just that I have a box of cream in the fridge that's about to expire and I didn't want it to go to waste (which is why I've also been making a lot of fruit shakes with cream in it). Hehehe.
 
Anyway, moving on with this post, the pasta I made this morning made me very, very sleepy. Despite having a few sips of coffee, the moment my butt hit the bed here in the guestroom I fell asleep... for three hours(9am - 12noon)! I am currently working in the guestroom because the router is here and SmartBro wifi sucks lately that I'm not getting any signal in my home office (located a few meters from the router).

I had this weird dream which I could not make sense of. In my dream, I was walking up the stairs then stopping to look at the elevator downstairs then  I'd walk down the stairs then look at an elevator upstairs, then  there's this bullet rolling on the ground, sort of following me and in its middle is a red beeping sound. In my dream, I was thinking that this bullet might be a bomb that could explode soon and so I was doing my best to get far from it as possible by running up and down the stairs and trying to find a place  to hide in case it blows!

Then later on I figured it's not a bomb. The bullet is following me and that red beeping sound might be a camera so whoever is controlling that thing would be able to follow me.

Then the next scene was I reached a floor where many of my old schoolmates in grade school and high school were there and I just joined them in their bonding session as if it was just yesterday.

Then I woke up.

So being the OC (obssessive-compulsive) me, I wanted to find out what this means. Based on the symbols I saw in my dream, here are the interpretations according to dreammoods.com:

To see a bullet or bullets in your dream indicate anger and aggression directed at you or someone else. You need to be cautious on what you say and do. Your actions and words may easily be misinterpreted. Alternatively, the dream may be telling you that you need to "bite the bullet" and accept some difficult situation.

I think I know where this came from. Nah, not really from that Christian Bible preachy guy I dealt with on my Facebook yesterday although maybe that brought up not-so-positive feelings in me (copy of our conversation at the bottom of this blog post). Okay the possible cause of anger or aggression in me could've come from my conversation with one of my best friends last night where we talked about an ex-best friend of mine. When I was describing to her what happened in that friendship of mine with the ex-bff, it just brought angry emotions to the surface... I was a bit shaking with frustration as I was recounting what happened and maybe my subconscious caught most of these negative emotions so as for me to not bring it to the surface anymore, hence my dream of seeing a bullet.
 
In general, the up and down action of the elevator represents the ups and downs of your life. It also symbolizes emotions and thoughts that are emerging out of and submerging into your subconscious. Alternatively, the dream may have sexual connotations.

LOL at the sexual connotation. Okay, okay, I've been quite a virgin for a loooong time now. But hey! It's good to know that I still have sexual desires you know and that I'm not dead down there. LOL! Now, if only my Prince Charming would show up soon so I can address this issue... HAHAHA!
 
To dream that you are upstairs of a building refers to your higher level of understanding. It symbolizes your rational thinking and objectivity. Alternatively, being upstairs means that you hold yourself in high regard.

Actually... yes. Now that I am feeling like my old happy, confident self, I am starting to hold myself in a high regard and that is a good thing!
 
To dream that you are walking up a flight of stairs indicate that you are achieving a higher level of understanding. You are making progress into your spiritual, emotional or material journey. The dream is also analogous to material and thoughts that are coming to the surface.

Oh definitely! YES! With the prayer sessions I'm doing with my bessy, the meeting with my life coaches, blogging more, talking to friends and family for emotional support... all these things are making me understand what has happened in my marriage A LOT BETTER. I am closer more than ever with my family, with my friends who I also consider family, with GOD and even with my new boss who just yesterday said that she will be hiring me full time instead of part-time! So yes, all these wonderful things are coming to the surface and I am indeed blooming like a beautiful flower so to speak.
 
To dream that you are walking down a flight of stairs represents your repressed thoughts. You are regressing back into your subconscious.

Again, I think this has something to do with my remembering  of that painful incident with my ex-best friend.

To see old classmates in your dream indicate that you need to draw on your old associations with your former classmates to gain insight in some current relationship. It represents a past lesson that you have learned and is applicable in some aspect of your waking
life now.

I've been chatting with some of my old classmates and my conversations with them have helped me a lot in terms of gaining insight to my current situation and applying these insights to my life right now.

To see a bomb in your dream indicates that you are going through a potentially explosive situation in your waking life. The bomb could represent repressed desires and unexpressed emotions that are on the verge of exploding or bursting if not dealt with soon.

I am so full of love!!! I am bursting with fire and passion and I want to express this love to someone I can really, really care about and who will really, really love me in return. My maternal instincts have also been kicking in and I just can't wait to be with my Prince Charming and build a happy family life with him! I hope soon!!!

To see or dream that you are on a hidden camera indicates that you feel that you are being scrutinized. All eyes are on you.

Perhaps because I am a blogger and a Facebooker and I like sharing my life to the world. My life is an open book anyway and I don't mind being scrutinized especially when it can help inspire other people or help shed light to similar experiences by other people. For those at the other end of the spectrum and are judging me and my life, well, that's not my problem anymore. Happy judging! (^_^)

So that's it. I'm good. (^_^)
--------------------------------

As I mentioned earlier, below is the conversation I had with the Christian Bible preachy guy I was telling you about who interpreted my other dream which I also posted on my Facebook:

So a concerned someone interpreted my dream and this just makes it hard for me to accept the fact that I was once baptized as a born-again Christian. They are so extreme! Sorry to the fundamentalists out there.

"first was the airplane then was a big boat then a small boat, all of these things is a vehicle towards your life to where you are headed for your destination, the bible says there is a way it seems right for a man but in the end leads to destruction, you may have everything in life, you may have money and all the material wealth or success in your life but in the end it is on yourself, look you are riding an airplane then you found yourself in a boat then to a small boat then at the end your alone by yourself with your underwear only, Maybe God wanted you to humble yourself to God and surrender yourself,surrender everything to Him or you will be full of pride and you will loose everything, the bible says those who lift up themselves will be humble and those who humble themselves will be lifted up, it says also Honor God with your wealth, sister Gods want you to know Him, to love Him above everything, The bible says Love the Lord your God with all of your heart with all of your soul with all of your strength love God above all, above your ambitions,above your self,above your family and friends,above anything, God wants you to know Gods word to worship Him in Spirit and in truth, the bible says offer yourself to God as a living sacrifice holy and acceptable to Him, God wants you to be holy and not to sin, Glorify God and be holy, avoid sexual immoral life, God loves you but He hates sin. sis i dont know you much we are jus friends here in FB, but in my heart God wanted you to turn from your wicked ways and repent to God for all what you are doing that the bible so called sins or else you will reap the consequences of your sins and you will loose everything until you will be humbled and found yourself that you have nothing to boast because what you have right now even your life is from God and for Gods purpose only. than you so much, God love you so much He doesnt want you to perish,Our Lord Jesus Christ died for you for the forgiveness of your sins so that you will have eternal life in heaven and for you to have and experience the love of God living a righteous life while you are still here on earth, i will pray for you. Remember whatever vehicle you are riding towards the roads of life without Jesus is not stable and will put you in great danger, Jesus is the only way that can lead you and brings you to what Gods will in your life, have faith and trust on our Lord Jesus Christ.

My reply:

Thanks reynold. I do have Jesus and God in my life. I think u interpreted it wrong. I did have everything before. When my husband left me, the so-called riches went away too. I was never the prideful type. I have always been humble and frugal. And now I'm back to being a virgin too. Perhaps you were the one judging me from what u see I post on facebook. Thank you if u do see them as "living the (sinful) life". I just make the most of what God has given me. And I offer to him everything.

I do believe that my dream is still about how well I am coping with my newfound single life.

And I do believe that the God we have is not the vengeful type who will punish me severely just because of my sins. He is more than that. He is pure love."

Then that nigh the concerned Christian who interpreted my dream messaged me again: "okay, sis, i respect your opinion, sis, i am not judging you, and if you found it that i mis interpret it the wrong way, God is the only one who can bless and judge a person, the word of God and the bible is Gods word,it will never be wrong. God bless you sister. and also, thank you for posting it, i forgive u for doing that, God bless you moe my sister Jen."

My reply:

Reynold, I believe that God works through the people around you and maybe this is God using me to tell you that how you are teaching and preaching the word of God is not the right way. As you can see, your words are betraying your actions. Hindi sila tugma. Iba ang sinasabi mo sa ginagawa mo. For one, you said you did not judge me. But you interpreted the posts you see on my facebook as very sinful. You did not even try to get to know me. Have you even read my blog posts on www.kickingpinay.blogspot.com www.sexynomad.com www.babywiccan.com ? Do you know that I married a man with psychoses but I stayed true in our marriage for more than a decade? Do you know that I was a scholar my whole life, that I live frugally, i work multiple jobs and sometimes don't even sleep just to help support my husband and my poor family? Do you know that I've only been with my husband and only had sexual experience with him? Do you know that I may be posting bikini pics on facebook but in terms of moral values, I really am conservative? Before you go on interpreting what you see on my facebook, try to get to know me first. I havent even heard of you or seen your name until yesterday. And here you are acting holy and mighty as if you are THE SON OF GOD himself. Your actions remind me of the pharisees Jesus despised in the Bible. And even God himself, before He went on preachy on us sinful people, He took the time to go down on our level by sending us His only son which took 30 years thru the life of Jesus. Unlike you who did not even take the time to get to know me, not even one bit, before judging me.

I know your intentions are good and for that, thank you. Just look inside yourself, listen to your conscience, to your gut feel and listen to the voice of God. If you really think that this is the proper way to sway people to listen to you then wala na ko magagawa. I am merely giving you feedback that how you are acting on God's words is not effective, at least not to me and people like me who can think for themselves and discern what is proper from improper. Sayang kasi. You are bearing witness to God's words. But you are not bearing and delivering them well. Understand your audience first and then your message will be understood. Have a good day.

P.S. Yes, God's words are true. But the Bible was written by people like us who are imperfect and prone to wrong interpretations. So let your actions instead speak louder than words. Practice what you preach. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share This Post