Friday, October 24, 2014

The Art of Letting Go by The Hanged Man



If you've read my recent post on my self-help blog entitled Be Proactive: 1st of the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, I was actually starting the process of letting go... letting go of someone I considered important, someone I looked up to, someone I admired because I just recently found out that all this time, she hasn't been true to me. It hurt... a lot. I cried so many tears for her, for the relationship I thought I've built with her only to witness it crumbling down to pieces, or actually, only to find out that the relationship never really existed in the first place because it has all just been ONE BIG LIE. 

Anyway, after days of crying buckets of tears  and before I even told my closest friends about it, I consulted with my Spirit Guides through my tarot cards. As usual, while meditating, I picked a card that will signify my Spirit Guides' advice for me and this was the card I picked - The Hanged Man. It still amazes me up to now, how apt the card I pick every single time. And not all or most cards can resonate with whatever it is the card picker is going through. So I know that this is indeed the right card for me.   

The Hanged Man is a Major Arcana card of the Tarot Card deck. Major Arcana cards are usually drawn when events of major importance are happening in one's life. True enough, what happened recently has a big impact on me and my current relationships, so it's just very fitting that I picked up this card. 

The Hanged Man is all about:


letting go 
having an emotional release
accepting what is
surrendering to experience
ending the struggle
being vulnerable and open
giving up control
accepting God's will 

reversing 
turning the world around
changing your mind
overturning old priorities
seeing from a new angle
upending the old order
doing an about-face 
suspending action 
pausing to reflect
feeling outside of time
taking time to just be
giving up urgency
living in the moment
waiting for the best opportunity 

sacrificing 
being a martyr
renouncing a claim
putting self-interest aside
going one step back to go two steps forward
giving up for a higher cause
putting others first 

 
DESCRIPTION 
The Hanged Man is one of the most mysterious cards in the tarot deck. It is simple, but complex. It attracts, but also disturbs. It contradicts itself in countless ways. The Hanged Man is unsettling because it symbolizes the action of paradox in our lives. A paradox is something that appears contradictory, and yet is true. The Hanged Man presents to us certain truths, but they are hidden in their opposites. 
The main lesson of the Hanged Man is that we "control" by letting go - we "win" by surrendering. The figure on Card 12 has made the ultimate surrender - to die on the cross of his own travails - yet he shines with the glory of divine understanding. He has sacrificed himself, but he emerges the victor. The Hanged Man also tells us that we can "move forward" by standing still. By suspending time, we can have all the time in the world. 
In readings, the Hanged Man reminds us that the best approach to a problem is not always the most obvious. When we most want to force our will on someone, that is when we should release. When we most want to have our own way, that is when we should sacrifice. When we most want to act, that is when we should wait. The irony is that by making these contradictory moves, we  find what we are looking for.


True enough, when I was prepared to let go, that was when true love was given to me... that was when I saw who really loves me. When I did not force my will on someone, that was when it was given to me. When I was willing to sacrifice, that was when I had my way. It was really such an irony. By making these contradictory moves, I indeed found what I was looking for. 

The process of letting go has started and I'm hoping it's going to be a short one since I know how resilient and strong a woman I can be. When I recognize that something or someone is not contributing to my well-being, I do my best to let that excess baggage go. It will just delay me in my happy and exciting journey. But still, it's a process. I'm no saint nor angel. I'm still human. Hence, my crying spells and blog posts about it. But I am at a better place now, better than yesterday. Thank you so much for all the help --- my Spirit Guides and tarot cards, books I'm reading, audio I'm listening to, advice from closest friends, and most importantly, true love, patience and understanding from  the love of my life. I am really still very lucky. (^_^)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share This Post