Friday, May 1, 2009

Dream Interpretation - Airplane

While my hubby was partying at the UNO Online Magazine Launch, I was at home watching Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets, cooking some pasta and downing cocktails. Naturally, after the movie, I fell asleep (I usually concoct strong cocktails for myself, teehee). After three hours, I was awakened by a very strange dream... strange because I wasn't emotional about it. I can only remember witnessing it and feeling so thirsty afterward. I dreamt I saw two airplanes locked together side by side on opposite wings. One airplane was bigger and had two pronged wings on both sides.

The other one was smaller and had a single wing on both sides. Now imagine one side of the bigger plane getting stuck with the other side of the smaller plane in a tight grip while flying 3000 feet above the ground in a steady pace. It was flying smoothly until the pilots were trying to unlock themselves. They didn't seem to get it quite right because a bit of smoke started to come out of the locked wings. They again steadied their position, pondering how to get out of that mess. I was witnessing everything from a far distance a little above them, like I was watching a movie of some sort but I knew it wasn't a movie and that it was really happening. I remember thinking if maybe the passengers can close their windows especially those on the side of the locked wings so they wouldn't panic. Then just as soon as I thought that, I countered it by thinking that on the other hand, they should open the window and let certain passengers become the "eyes" / navigator of the pilot in trying to unlock the wings. So anyway when I woke up, I consulted what it meant and I found out that:

To see an airplane in your dream, indicates that you will overcome your obstacles and rise to a new level of prominence and status. You may experience a higher consciousness, new-found freedom and greater awareness. Perhaps you need to gain a better perspective or wider view on something."

Then it hit me, it may possibly have something to do with what I've been going through lately in terms of rehauling my priorities and simplifying my life, building a new career and / or pursuing what I want. I've been sharing on Plurk about this company I've been applying for and who was offering me a job that I can do even when I'm asleep but after much contemplation, I let it go because deep down, it is not something that will make me deliriously happy. I listened to what my gut told me rather than what my head was dictating me to do for practicality's sake. Then I made a list of things that I want to pursue:

1. writing/blogging/building a site that can earn real money

2. going into theater, film, TV acting again.

3. maintaining small businesses (nail art, lingerie, spa, food cart)

Recently, I relearned that through positive affirmation, visualization and a lot of hard work, I can be successful with my real passions. This may be the higher consciousness, new-found freedom and greater awareness that the dream interpretation was talking about.

Furthermore, in my opinion, having seen two airplanes locked in a tight grip, one smaller, one bigger, might mean something deeper still. Perhaps, they signify the small and big passions I have in life... that they can co-exist and "fly smoothly" if I don't struggle with them. With proper time management and focus, I can have them both. However, if and when that moment arrives when I'd have to choose, I will definitely need a better perspective or wider view about it. Until that day comes, I am staying put to enjoy this "not-so-new-found" freedom. ^_^ Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share This Post