Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Dream Interpretation - Falling Teeth


I had a dream last night. It was all about my upper teeth & gums which kept falling together with my retainers then growing back again and even before they turn really hard and straight, they fall off again and again and again... I had a good feeling about it when I woke up, though. I'd like to believe that the dream may symbolize the changes that I am having in my life this new year. Changes like quitting smoking for one. There's also my want to NOT eat meat and rice anymore. Finally, there's my determination to finish something that I have started. I'd like to believe that the dream I had was all about these positive changes I am making in my life. However, when I looked online for other interpretations, these were the things I found out:

...dreams about your teeth reflect your anxiety about your appearance and how others perceive you.... Caring about our appearance is natural and healthy. Another rationalization for these falling teeth dream may be rooted in your fear of being embarrassed or making a fool of yourself in some specific situation. These dreams are an over-exaggeration of your worries and anxiety.

Hmmm... maybe. But at this point in my life, I don't really care much about what other people think of me or how they see me (except maybe that of my family and closest of friends). I know myself, my capabilities, my weaknesses and my strengths. I am happy and proud of what I have become and I am continuously trying to be better.

Teeth are used to bite, tear, chew and gnaw. In this regard, teeth represent power. And the loss of teeth in your dream may be from a sense of powerlessness. Are you lacking power in some current situation? Perhaps you are having difficulties expressing yourself or getting your point across. You feel frustrated when your voice is not being heard. You may be experiencing feelings of inferiority and a lack of self-confidence in some situation or relationship in your life. This dream is an indication that you need to be more assertive and believe in the value of your own opinion.

Or maybe the dream is just a reiteration and affirmation of my assertiveness. It is saying that I should keep my aggressive self-assurance and go on believing in myself and what I know is right for me and my family.

It has also been said that if you dream of your teeth falling out, then it symbolizes money. This is based on the old tooth fairy story. If you lose a tooth and leave it under the pillow, a tooth fairy would bring you money.

I would much rather believe the most positive interpretation which is this last one. ^_^ After all, I believe I have the power to choose and make my own destiny. So be it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share This Post