Wednesday, November 5, 2014

That Which Does Not Kill Me Can Only Make Me Stronger


Being happy has always been one of my life's greatest pursuits. There are times when it's challenging and there are moments when it's as effortless as breathing fresh air. The past day or two though, it has come to my attention that a few individuals who I used to respect and look up to betrayed me in ways that I never imagined. It sent me to a roller coaster ride of painful emotions and my pursuit to happiness has once again been challenged. I got sick which I tried to not to nourish, I went about my usual tasks and even ran errands in another city as I mustered all the physical and emotional strength I can gather within me. Eventually, I gave in, fell into a momentary depression and slept it all away. 

Yesterday was the toughest day. I turned to my spirit guides and guardian angels for guidance through my tarot cards. I did my card reading for the day and I picked up The Magician. 




The Magician is the archetype of the active, masculine principle - the ultimate achiever. He symbolizes the power to tap universal forces and use them for creative purposes. Note his stance in the picture. He acts as a lightening rod - one arm extended up into the Divine for inspiration, the other pointing toward Earth to ground this potent energy. [note] His abilities appear magical at times because his will helps him achieve what seem to be miracles. 

What makes the Magician so powerful? First, he is not afraid to act. He believes in himself and is willing to put that belief on the line. He also knows what he intends to do and why. He doesn't hesitate because he understands his situation exactly. The Magician can focus with single-minded determination. As long as he remembers the divine source of his power, the Magician remains the perfect conduit for miracles. 

In a reading, the Magician implies that the primal forces of creativity are yours if you can claim your power and act with awareness and concentration. This card is a signal to act and act now, provided you understand exactly what you want and are committed to getting it. 

So The Magician is all about ACTIONS. 

taking action
  • doing what needs to be done
  • realizing your potential
  • making what's possible real
  • practicing what you preach
  • carrying out plans
  • producing magical results
  • using your talents
acting consciously
  • knowing what you are doing and why
  • acknowledging your motivations
  • understanding your intentions
  • examining the known situation
concentrating
  • having singleness of purpose
  • being totally committed
  • applying the force of your will
  • feeling centered
  • setting aside distractions
  • focusing on a goal
experiencing power

  • making a strong impact
  • having vitality
  • creating miracles
  • becoming energized
  • feeling vigorous
  • being creative

After understanding all these things, I did take action. What came to mind was to take out Tony Perez's books entitled KULAM and ORASYON. They're books of prayers and spells for protection, peace, love, problem-solving, etc. I chose a few spells and prayers that pertain to protecting myself and my loved ones, my home, my well-being... as these individuals I'm referring to plan to do me some harm TODAY. I believe that if God is with me, who can be against me? So that's what I did. I spent yesterday morning casting spells and prayers around my home and within me as well. I got so drained after that that I fell asleep. 

When I woke up last night, I felt a little bit better but still not entirely okay. I was still a bit feverish from all the stress it caused me. Still I went about my business knowing and believing that I have already been protected, thanks to God's protection and the guidance of the holy spirit. 

This morning, when I woke up, it's like opening my eyes to a whole new world. The sun was shining a lot brighter, the air was breezy even without air conditioning and I was feeling light as a feather. It felt like a miracle. The dark veil has been lifted. 

So I did another card reading for the day just a few moments ago, and asked my spirit guides what their message is for me today. And I was so happy when I picked up Ten of Cups. It's always great to pick up this card because it symbolizes abundance, happiness and blessings. Indeed, that's how I felt when I woke up! I felt good to be alive despite those evil people plotting against me. 



The Ten of Cups is basically about:

feeling joy
  • embracing happiness 
  • having a sense of well-being
  • radiating love
  • delighting in good fortune
  • counting your blessings
  • expressing delight
enjoying peace
  • experiencing serenity
  • doing away with hostilities
  • restoring harmony
  • reducing stress and tension
  • feeling contented and at ease
  • calling a truce
  • relaxing
looking to the family
  • working for peace in the home
  • going on a family event
  • reaffirming a family commitment
  • supporting a relative in need
  • bonding with family members
  • forgiving someone in the family

On the Ten of Cups we see a loving couple with their carefree children. The family home is in the background, surrounded by trees and water. A rainbow of cups is overhead blessing the scene. A cynic might scoff at this romantic picture, but I see it as a symbol of what our emotional life could be at its best. The feelings represented here are an ideal that is within the reach of each of us. 
First, there is joy. Joy goes beyond happiness, contentment, enjoyment. It is the feeling that comes when we know at the deepest level that we are one with all that is, and it is good. Unfortunately, this is not exactly a common feeling! Too often we are blinded by the trials of life and overwhelmed by their challenges. Joy exists, though, and is our birthright. 
Peace is another aspect of the Ten of Cups - the serenity that comes when all elements are in harmony. There is inner peace and outer peace which are reflections of each other. When you are in harmony with yourself, you experience harmony in your environment. When you see the Ten of Cups, know that an end to hostility is possible. If there is fighting around you, it may cease. If you are at war with yourself, you may find peace. 

In readings, this card often signals a time of abundant blessings. It tells you that you can reach for the fulfillment you deserve, and it will come to you. Look for ways to realize joy and create peace. You may find the key to happiness in your family. Your family is the group of people you are attached to emotionally - for better or worse! If there is trouble in your family right now, work to restore harmony. The time is right for greater closeness.

If there is one thing I personally learned in this ordeal of being faced with haters and detractors, it's that you can never find happiness outside of you. You can never please everyone, hence, happiness should always come from within. And when you are happy within, nothing can destroy you. 

I pity my detractors. They have nothing better to do than to criticize me and judge me. I used to doubt myself when I first knew what they thought of me. For a second I believed that they were right, that maybe I really am a bad person. But after much meditation, I realized that what they think of me and how they feel about me are actually reflections of what they are inside. After all, we see life, people, events and circumstances through our own lenses. And if what we see is bad, we are just reflecting what's really inside of us. But if all we see if good, it just means that we're overflowing with goodness and happiness within us. 

So to my haters, I wish you well! Thank you for making me so central and important in your life that you use various resources and considerable amount of energy to put me down. Unfortunately, you just made me a lot stronger and resilient and for that, I thank you even more. May you soon find genuine happiness within. Coz even before all this happened, that's all I really wanted for you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share This Post