Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Importance of Daily Tarot Reading



I have shared with you some of my knowledge about the card that make up the Tarot cards - Major Arcana and Minor Arcana. Now that you have a bit of knowledge about these things, you can then do a reading. But not yet the complicated kind... we will study that much later on. For now, I will just teach you a simple reading you can do for yourself everyday, to help guide you in your daily life and help make you become a better individual.


No complicated spreads are needed for your daily Tarot card reading. Just you, your full concentration and a card. What I try to do is set aside a time everyday when I can do this in peace. You can choose to do this when you wake up in the morning, or in the middle of the day, or before going to bed. The important thing to note here is that this card is drawn to help guide you with your actions all throughout the day (or the next day in case you choose to do this before sleeping at night).


For instance, yesterday, my daily card was Temperance. It is a major arcana which means that this is not just sme mundane issue I am dealing with, a major issue or principle in my life. Temperance denotes that I am in the process of balancing everything in my life. It was so true because the day before that, my hubby and I just settled our major differences and made up. Through communication, I was able to see the light and at the end of that evening, I promised to be better at seeing things in his perspective. I also promised myself to let go of things that are unimportant and live a more balanced life. Incidentally, when I woke up the next day, I got the card of Temperance. I literally had goosebumps. It felt good to know that even my Spirit Guides and Guardian Angels were telling me (through the tarot card) that I am on the right path, by trying to live a more balanced life.


And then, today, I drew another major arcana card --- Death. I feel happy every time I get this card. because contrary to popular belief, it does not mean literal death. On the other hand, it denotes the dying of an old self, a bad behavior, a past life and being reborn into something new, something better, something bigger and greater. Today, through the card of Death, my Spirit Guides and Guardian Angels are telling me that I am in the process of changing my life for the better and it is all good. I really do feel it! And there's no better feeling than being acknowledged by the Spirit world that I am on the right track!

So how will you do this daily reading right? Here's the procedure:

  1. Shuffle the deck once or twice.
  2. Hold the deck face down in one hand and cover it with your other hand.
  3. Pause a moment to become calm, focused and centered at which time you can ask your Spirit Guides what is it that they want convey to you today so you can live a better life and be a better person on this day.
  4. Place the deck face down in front of you.
  5. Cut the deck to the left and restack it.
  6. Turn over the top card as your card of the day.
  7. Return this card to the deck, and shuffle once or twice.

It's just so easy. Doing this will help you connect with your inner guide. So choose the time that works best for you. Make it a part of your routine. You can also list down the cards you've drawn and after a week, a month, a year, you will have a better understanding of the patterns that you deal with in your life.

As for me, for the past two days, I have been getting Major Arcana cards, which means that the changes I am currently undergoing are a major part of me and not just mundane details of my life.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share This Post